The call for faculty applications is currently open. Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) is now open and is accepting faculty project submissions for summer 2023. Interested candidates and applicants are to submit their projects by June 8th, 2022 at 1 pm.
The Mitacs Gbloalink Research Internship is actually a very competitive initiative that is meant for international students that are from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, and the United State.
From May through to October every year, top-ranking applicants usually come together to participate in a 12 week of research internship that is usually under the supervision of the Canadian university faculty members, the programs usually range from science, engineering, and mathematics down to the humanities and social sciences.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is currently available at over 70 universities across Canada.
Student Eligibility Criteria
Without a doubt, the Mitacs Globalink Research internship usually offers its students, an international experience that is usually like no other.
Canada is one country that has the most fascinating and amazing universities, some outstanding research facilities, cutting-edge industry innovation, and unparallel undergraduate training opportunities.
What Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Offers?
This internship offers its applicants the following:
- A 12 weeks internship that helps in increasing the student’s knowledge of and also helps in exploring hands-on research in the student’s field of study.
- The students get the chance to work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, alongside some graduate students and research associates.
- The students will get the chance to access Canada’s unique research landscape; applied, dynamic, and innovative.
- Students will also a rewarding experience that combines academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities.
- Students get the chance to explore their independence and in the process gain international experience in a new country.
- The students get the chance to connect with potential graduate supervisors, that is if the students will be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with the Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
If you have any more questions and require to make an inquiry, you can contact email@example.com.
Where do I start?
When it comes to where to begin, Mitacs usually encourage it students to start working on the following items before the call actually opens up, we will be going through a list of things to make ready:
- The first aspect is to check for eligibility criteria, coupled with the general GRI requirements, there are actually some specific eligibility criteria for each country and some international organizations.
- The following thing to do is to confirm the passport that is been issued by your home country, check it validity, and is valid until at least January 2023. You can actually submit an application that is if you don’t currently have a valid passport. However, you should keep in mind that you will need to provide valid passport information if your application for this internship has been accepted.
- You will need to obtain a reference letter from your professor. We will admonish that you check the Mitacs Globalink reference letter instructions on their site. The reference letter that you provide must actually follow the instructions that will be provided.
- Applicants must update their CV. You can either submit your CV or you can download the Mitacs template.
- You must obtain your academic transcripts (it should either be in English or French. If your university or institution is incapable of providing transcripts in either language, you will be responsible for getting them translated and also notarized. Be sure to include your transcripts in your application.
- English or French language eligibility may actually be required for some countries. To get more information, you will need to check your country’s details.
Requirement and Eligibility for this Internship
This internship is usually given to students that have the following requirements:
- Applicants must be passionate and motivated.
- Applicant must be living and working in one of the aforementioned countries.
- All applicants must be proficient both in French and English
- Applicants can actually motivate using and transfer their knowledge and experience in their employing organizations after their studies.
- Lastly, they must agree to the terms and conditions of this scholarship.
Some of the eligibility requirement includes the following;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age as at the time of application
- Applicants must actually be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or must be combining both undergraduate and master’s programs at an institution that is very much eligible (check their official site for the list of institutions that are eligible.
- Applicants must actually have one to three semesters left in their 2022 program as fall 2022
- Applicants must actually meet the grade requirements for their countries of studies (check their official site for GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Applicants must apply to a minimum of at least three and a maximum of seven projects and they must ensure that the selections are actually from at least three different Canadian provinces.
- Applicants must be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (this is actually with English or French)
Selection for the Globalink Research Internship
The selection for is Globalink Research Internship actually based on the predefined country slot (this implies that not more than three students that are selected should hold the same nationality)
On the basis, the Globalink Research Internship consortium study purposes and selection committee actually ranks applicants for this scholarship and submit them to the European Commission. The selection committee actually ranks the application based on merit, together with the additional criteria according to the defined quota of the particular country, the ranking is done based on the following criteria:
- Academic Excellence
- Academic potential
- Language levels and it correspondence skills
- Quality/recognition of home institution that actually awarded the first degree
- Motivational letter
- Professional qualifications
To apply for this scholarship, please visit their website.