The United States of America is no doubt one of the leading study destinations for most international students around the globe. The Leakey Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 application is an opportunity for anyone looking to study in one of the most sort after-study destinations in the world.
Currently, applications for Leakey Foundation Scholarship are now being accepted for 2022/2023 session. This scholarship is offered through the Joan Cogswell Donner Field School.
The Leakey Foundation Scholarship provides up to $2,000 towards field school tuition for students who are from countries with limited resources to support training in fieldwork related to human origins research.
More About Leakey Foundation Scholarship
Leakey Foundation through Joan Cogswell Donner Field School offers this scholarship (Leakey foundation scholarship) in the United States. An interested and eligible applicant is encouraged to apply as the Joan Cogswell Donner Field School is presently accepting applications for the school academic year 2022/2023.
For applicants to be eligible to apply for the Leakey Foundation Scholarship, they must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a country with low resources for academic advancement.
Details of Leakey Foundation Scholarship
University or Organization: Leakey Foundation
Department: Not Applicable
Award Funds: Up to $2,000
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Access Mode: Online
Award to be taken: USA.
Application Deadline: This scholarship will be awarded year-round. Interested applicants can apply at any time.
Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
Eligible Fields: Undergraduate/ graduate degree in archaeology, paleoanthropology, and primatology offered by the university.
About Leakey Foundation
The prestigious Leakey Foundation was founded by Dr. Louis Seymour Bazett Leakey in 1968 to find his work. Dr. Louis S.B. Leakey was a pioneering scientist and an ardent promoter of science outreach.
The Foundation is a non-profit organization that is committed to sponsoring human origins research and sharing the findings through creative educational programs. The Foundation seeks to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to human origins research.
Dr. S.B. Leakey subsequently inspired many generations to continue this endeavor by establishing a research program in eastern Africa. As time goes on, several members of the Leakey family went on to become well-known academics.
How to Apply for Leakey Foundation Scholarship
- Application for Leakey Foundation Scholarship must be submitted by the director of the field school (Host Sponsor).
- Once that is done, applicants must submit the documents via email to email@example.com with the subject “Field School Scholarship” and this must be submitted as a single-page PDF on official letterhead.
- A link will then be supplied to complete the application.
- Leakey foundation official scholarship webpage: https://leakeyfoundation.org/grants/fieldschool/
During the application process, an applicant must submit an essay on the following:
- Describe the training program for the Donner scholar containing the opportunities available for Donner scholars to engage with international participants.
- Why should this student be a good choice for attending the field school, including current studies, and future plans
Those who are requesting funds for more than one student may include all students in this document.
- All Applicants must provide a previous degree certificate
- The students must be seen to have a good written and spoken English level.
Benefits of the Leakey Foundation Scholarship
- Successful students or Winners will receive up to $2,000 per student for one field school season per recipient.
- For field school expenses that are less than $2,000 per student, the Foundation will consider increasing the number of awards per school.
- The Funds cover the student’s travel expenses to and from the field school as well as other expenses related to the attendance of a field school.
- All funds are administered by the field school.
Requirements For Leakey Foundation Scholarship
All Interested applicants for this scholarship must meet all the following criteria to be eligible:
- The applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a country with limited academic development resources.
- Students from these countries with limited academic development are allowed to enroll in a university undergraduate/graduate program outside their home country.
Best of Luck!